JDfilms- JOINED iT? gOOD.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General suggestions/Rules clarification

2 posters

Go down

General suggestions/Rules clarification Empty General suggestions/Rules clarification

Post  Doomsday Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:12 am

I came here from SV, and I'd like to give you some suggestions.

First of all, congratulations on getting a good-looking site. Some bits of it are a bit strange, but generally aesthetically pleasing. You're a much better admin than many other new forums I've been on.

However, your rules seem very vague, and I can see some trouble arising in the near future. Perhaps look around at how other people have done their rules. You haven't given much indication as to what is and isn't allowed on the forum.

Putting a post prerequisite for moderatorship is never a good idea, but hey, whatever floats your boat.

Your wording in places seems a bit harsh, such as 'no insulting, butthole'. If you want to appear more professional, perhaps reword it to something like 'No flaming, constructive criticism only'.

You still have a lot of unnecessary boards, but I guess it'll be a bit better once things grow a bit.
Perhaps 'unleash the funny' can be merged into 'off-road subjection'.

Also, your Complaints need to be longer and more detailed. Flick through some of my earlier blog posts if you want (not very) good examples.

Prost!
~Doomsday
Doomsday
Doomsday
Joining the World
Joining the World

Eees at : Neuschwabenland, Antarctica

http://the-doomsday.machine.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

General suggestions/Rules clarification Empty Re: General suggestions/Rules clarification

Post  JDalpha Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:00 am

Okay. Can do, man. The weird parts are my style of humor. I use weird and random to rationalize things. I can't remember 3rd grade that well, but I sure can remember the launch date of Sonic 2! Very Happy
JDalpha
JDalpha
High Command Officer
High Command Officer

Eees at : Sector 3C

https://www.youtube.com/user/JDalpha22

Back to top Go down